The Branca family has always paid great attention to culture and the social context, to its transformations and needs. An excellent example of this are the advertisements, posters and “commercials” produced by the best agencies of the time that have been published since February 1865, as well as their participation in the Expo in the 1900s and the promotion of different cultural initiatives connected to the territory.
Among the cultural initiatives promoted over the years there are several of particular importance: the restoration of the Tower in Sempione Park in Milan – now the Torre Branca, the “Collezione Branca” itinerary inside the production site in Via Resegone, transformation of the plant in Saint-Louis in France into a permanent modern art exhibition, the opening of the Museo Carpano in Turin, the restyling of the Branca chimney to mark the 170 anniversary of the Fratelli Branca Distillerie, the organization of the “Arte Unico” competition in Argentina and much more: events and timeless symbols of a company attitude that focuses on the future without ever losing sight of the past that must be enhanced and preserved.
The “Branca Collection” itinerary inaugurated in 2009, is a company museum that was started by the Branca family with the aim of sharing the Branca story, tradition and culture and the entrepreneurial evolution of the company from their origins to the present day. A collection of more than 1,000 square metres that is home to paintings, sculptures, raw materials and work tools that tell the story of a company based on quality and passion.
Designed by Giò Ponti and built in record time in 1933 to mark the fifth edition of the Triennale exhibition, the Branca Tower is one of the most famous places in the city of Milan. Declared unsafe in 1972, the Tower was completely restored and made accessible once again in 2002 thanks to the Branca family, as a tribute to the city of Milan and was renamed “Torre Branca” at that time.
The Academy is a place of innovation promoted by the Centro Studi to add value to the entrepreneurial world of bar managers, bartenders and mixologists. In addition it is, above all, a place of cultural reflection in which to combine Italian knowledge and know-how with the knowledge of the world of spirits.
Part of the development of Fratelli Branca has been written in the pages of French history. In St. Louis one of the distilleries of the Milanese family has been operating since 1909. The 50 metre long building is topped with a copper eagle, symbol of the Fratelli Branca which was designed to dominate the company pavilion during Expo in Milan in 1906.
Today with the distillery business suspended, the building is home to the Fernet-Branca Foundation. Due to recognition from the Prefect of the region of Alsace, it was added to the list of French historical buildings on 4 July 1996. The museum was opened on the 15 June 2004 by the President of the French Republic.
Branca, in collaboration with Eataly and Museum services in the city of Turin, dedicated a museum to the history of the Carpano brand. The Museum, located on the first floor of the former plant, in the rooms that were once home to the archives and the place were herbs were extracted, ingredients were combined and the extracts were preserved, and that now are home to Eataly Turin, provides an exhibition that guides visitors on a discovery of the most important moments in the history and production of Carpano vermouth.
The result of a collaboration between Orticanoodles and Fratelli Branca Distillerie in 2015 to mark the 170th anniversary of the company, the street art project was designed to restyle the Branca chimney in via Resegone. A symbolic initiative that is a combination of modern art and business with the aim of enhancing the chimney located inside the factory, a common urban element in industrial architecture and of considerable size that before the mural, had almost been forgotten. The work followed the theme of “Novare Serbando”, decorating the chimney which dates back to the early twentieth century with key elements of the Branca ethos and bright colours, preserving the original shape and its link with the local area.